July 03, 2010

Summer

Our summer has not been exciting...no fun vacations or anything really photo worthy, so I have not been taking many pictures. But here's a bit of what we've been up to....

Father and Sons Campout
Technically wasn't during summer...but it is lumped in my mind with other summer activities...so here you go. The end of May David took the kids to the Father and Sons campout...for the second time in their lives. The kids were excited. I was MORE excited! I asked David to please, please, PLEASE take some pictures. Here are the three stellar shots I got!

(Spencer was there too...somewhere...)

Summer School
In June, Preston and Ryan started summer school.  We love summer school...not only is it free, they get free breakfast and free lunch!  This year Ryan learned all about Ancient Egypt...and he mostly learned that he is glad he was not an Ancient Egyptian!  Almost everyday he learned a new reason.  Here were the biggies:

*Egyptian children didn't wear clothes..."I would be so embarassed!"
*Egyptians slept on beds made out of wooden boards and rope.
*They ate garlic bread with onions on it.
*Mummification..."It's disgusting...I can't even say it"...referring to taking out organs and putting them in jars, we finally figured out. He really wouldn't say it!

Preston studied Ancient Greece. He learned that he liked Rome (from last year) better than Greece.

The last day of school they had a little program.  They dressed up in costumes they had made and a sang a song or two.
We made Spencer wear Preston's pyramid on his head...he wasn't very happy about it.

Chipotle!
And the most exciting event of the summer (so far) for me...they opened a Chipotle close to my house! Preston and I went to the grand opening...we waited in line for about 45 minutes (20 of those outside in 100 degree heat) for a burrito, a free t-shirt and a buy one, get one free gift certificate.  Crazy? Yes.   Worth it? Definitely!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay to all of these things! I realized today how long it's been since I looked at anyone's blog! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Spencer had to wear the pyramid. He can't be the only one without a costume. Too cute about Ryan not saying how they mummify. Totally Ryan!!YEAHHHH for Chipotle!!

    ReplyDelete