July 04, 2010

4th of July

I have to admit it...I'm kind of a fireworks party pooper.  Not that I don't love a good fireworks show, I definitely do, but I DO NOT love everything that goes with it...fighting crowds, fighting traffic, spending hours outside in the sweltering heat, trying to keep the kids entertained while we wait for the fireworks to start, dragging tired kids back to the car, fighting more crowds and more traffic...UGH!  So we didn't do any big fireworks shows this year.  But we still had a GREAT time!  
David got a bbq grill for Father's Day, so...as Gina so nicely put it...we bbq'd the heck out of a bunch of meat!  Gina and Travis came over and brought some illegal Colorado fireworks, so we had a little fireworks show in our backyard.  David also bought a bunch of generic AZ fireworks (poppers) that kept the kids entertained while they waited for it to be dark enough for the other fireworks.



After we put the kids to bed, Gina and I busted out Lego Harry Potter and had a blast.  David and Travis used the other Xbox to play Left 4 Dead...where David showed Travis the ins and outs of good zombie killing.  Such a fun day!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeehaw! That was such a good time! Illegal fireworks are the best. :) Oh and it makes me happy to look at the Mexican coke bottles on the table in the pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy RIBS!! Yummy! And it's so weird to see Gina MARRIED! I keep wondering who this guy is in these pictures. Congrats again Gina!)

    ReplyDelete