September 06, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend, Amber invited us to Thatcher. We couldn't go for the whole weekend, but Sunday after church we took off. We never made it to Thatcher for the temple open house or dedication, so our first stop was the temple...it was locked.

So we walked around the locked gate, took a few pictures, and headed to Amber's house.

We had a fun night at Amber's house eating apple crisp and playing Pit (after we put the kids to bed)!

On Monday we planned to go up on the mountain. I am cursed...I'm not kidding. Every time I go to Thatcher with a plan in mind to go to the mountain, it rains. No joke. And this time was no exception. It rained the whole drive up, then it hailed. It was drizzling when we got there, 5 minutes later it POURED! We sat in the cars and waited for it to stop....

My mom tried and tried, but couldn't get a good picture of us...

After waiting and waiting, it finally let up a little so Travis played waiter for us and brought us lunch over from Amber's van. After lunch the rain actually stopped! The sun came out and we had a nice afternoon. We took the kids on a pretty hike by a stream...David, Gina, Travis and Josh had some fun shooting bottles and cans...and, of course, everyone (except me) took lots and lots and lots of pictures.

I did my usual and stole everyone else's pictures when we were done. :)

We also attempted to get a picture with all of us together. It's...not great...but here we are!

Even thought the mountain trip didn't go as planned, we were still happy we got to spend part of our holiday weekend with family we love!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Talk about photoshopping out someone's fat roll...mine is pretty bad in the log picture! Tee hee hee. Oh and I don't know if it's like this on everyone's, but when you make a new post, it doesn't tell me the new time for some reason. Like, for example, this one says you posted it two weeks ago. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! and so gorgeous!!!, they HAVE mountains like that in AZ?!? just makes me miss you guys more! Squeeze each other for me, I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete